Recognition Of Our SiteIn the early years of the web, awards were given out often to web sites by a variety of organizations. This is not so common these days however a great variety of web sites "link" to us and this, perhaps even more than the awards, is a welcome compliment.
Yahoo Internet Life magazine, which has a total audience 5,300,000, reviews our web site in their April, 2001 issue! " ...Whether you're researching agricultural development in Beijing or you just need to outwit the rat that has invaded your rooftop compost bin, you can find help here. The site's articles, links, and research findings cover the gamut of the issues raised by city farming."
During April, 2001 we reached a new record ... 312,532 hits on our site for the month!
- We were very honoured to have been recognized in Apple Computer's QuickTime News. The day of distribution, our web site received 18,222 hits, a record number for us.
QuickTime News, Volume 2, Issue 5, April 28, 2000
In This Issue
1. Time to Download QuickTime 4.1.2
2. What's on QuickTime TV?
3. QuickTime Live Events
4. The Vancouver "Wormshop"
5. Tools of the Trade: Media Cleaner Pro 4
6. A QuickTime Moment in History
7. Trailer Park
8. QuickTime Hot Picks
- "In our opinion, simply the best web site on the topic of urban agriculture (City Farmer's Urban Agriculture Notes), collecting valuable information on the Internet, difficult to find elsewhere. The homepage is regularly updated and contains general information on Urban Agriculture in both developing and developed countries, articles, conference announcements, resources and provides links to other relevant Internet sites. Everybody is free to send interesting information to the web site where it is quickly placed and edited. One is able to find information varying from research and policy discussions to composting, vermiculture and community gardens. The site is well organised and easily accessible."
Resource Guide on Urban Agriculture
Prepared by ETC for CTA - Technical Centre for Agriculture and Rural Cooperation (ACP-EU0)
June 1999, 277 pages
- "City Farmer's Web Site has been selected as a featured site by StudyWeb as one of the best educational resources on the Web." July 24, 1999
- "Terrific pages. Delightful. Great Design. Great contribution to the World Wide Web. I am much impressed. I am awarding your site the "Best Webzine" Award." Ernest Slyman February, 1999
- Our site has been selected to receive a Links2Go Key Resource award. "This award is both exclusive and objective. Fewer than one page in one thousand will ever be selected for inclusion." July/98 http://www.links2go.com/award/Gardening
- Sympatico Magazine gives our site 4 stars. "This web site is a bumper crop for committed (or curious) city farmers." March, 1998
- WKNO Public Radio, Memphis, Tennessee interviews City Farmer, January 1998.
- "Suite 101" web site, names "Urban Agriculture Notes" one of 5 Best Urban Gardening sites on the net, January, 1998. http://www.suite101.com/topics/page.cfm/701
- May 3, 1997. 'Urban Agriculture Notes' is reviewed in Canada's national newspaper, The Globe & Mail.
- April 22, 1997. 'Urban Agriculture Notes' is featured as a Best of the Net 'Vegetable Gardening' resource. (http://vegetablegarden.miningco.com/mbest.htm)
- March 30, 1997. 'Urban Agriculture Notes' received a 3.5 Star rating out of 4 in April's Yahoo Internet Magazine. (http://www.zdnet.com/yil/content/fun/nature/gardening.html)
- March 14, 1997. 'Urban Agriculture Notes' has been chosen as C.A.F.F.E.I.N.E's (Canadian Agriculture, Farm and Food: Extension Information Network and Exchange) Wired Farm Organization of the Month for March. "You've created a great resource for Canadian producers on the Internet. Congratulations!" (http://tdg.uoguelph.ca/caffeine)
- February 7, 1997. 'Urban Agriculture Notes' has been chosen as the "Farm" link for this week's Homesteader's Links of the Week. (http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/3346)
- 'Urban Agriculture Notes', has been listed as the Site of the Day for February 5, 1997 on Ithaca Gardens (http://www.woodny.com/garden)
- December 11, 1996 "Congratulations! Your site has been chosen for our Best of the Internet Department on Progressive Farmer Online (http://pathfinder.com/PF)!
We choose the best non-commercial sites on the Internet that we feel will be of interest to our readers. Your site provides services we think our readers can use and will enjoy."
- November 13, 1996 "Pick of the Crop. Congratulations! Your gardening website has been named a "Pick of the Crop" as one of the best gardening sites on the Internet. The editors of Virtual Garden (http://vg.com) have reviewed more than 500 gardening sites for inclusion in our Dig the Net link directory, and we've singled out the best for special recognition."
- World Wide Web Top 1000 "We're delighted to tell you that your site was nominated as one of the elite 1000 included in this book. The reviews are modified and expanded versions of our Website entries, and some also include screen shots." See page 434.
- "Your site, full of great reading material and information, has been named Canuck Site Of The Day for September 30, 1996! It promotes excellence in technology and design in Canada."
- "You were one of Planet Science's Sites of the Day on April 2, 1996. Planet Science is the award-winning online voice of the world's leading science and technology news weekly, New Scientist."
- August 22, 1996 "MGI Software Corp. will be launching a new automated Internet Guide Book designed to make it easy for users to find the best sites on the Web. After evaluating thousands of candidates we have selected your site for inclusion in our Guide Book facility. We will be limiting the size of our guide book to about 500 sites this year."
- August 9, 1996 Bell Atlantic Internet Solutions has identified your site to be included within its Internet Access Service as a best of the net site.
- Frank Severa's Useful URLs
"Pick of the Week" for January 28, 1996
- GardenNet's Guide to Internet Resources says:
"Urban Agriculture Notes is the only urban agriculture site on the Internet."
- 3 Star rating awarded by The McKinley Internet Directory
- Point Survey rates Urban Agriculture Notes in the top 5% of all WWW sites.
"Uptown hipsters will dig this back-to-nature guide to urban agriculture."
"Your home page has been rated by Point Survey as one of the 10 best (in its category/content/presentation/overall) on the Internet. Only the best 5% of all Web sites are included in Point Survey, and we believe your site is among the best of the best!"
- NetGuide Magazine reviewed Urban Agriculture Notes in their August, 1995 issue and in their January, 1996 issue.
"City Farmer has created a 'demo' garden in the heart of the city that gives novices hands-on experience and skeptics a flourishing example of what can be done."
- NutForce awards Urban Agriculture Notes The "Webnut Seal of Approval". "City Farmer...Coolest way to handle trash and tons of links! "
Urban Agriculture Notes is reviewed in these books:
- CyberHound's Web Guide 1997 "8000 sites with bite"
By Dave Farrell
- 1997 Edition
Harley Hahn's Internet and Web Golden Directory
- 1996-97 Edition
Microsoft Bookshelf Internet Directory
- 1997 Canadian Internet Directory
by Jim Carroll and Rick Broadhead
Prentice Hall, Canada
- 1996 McKinley Internet Yellow Pages
by Christine Maxwell
- Que's Mega Web Directory
by Rositano, Rositano and Stafford
- 1996 Edition
New Riders' Official World Wide Web Directory
Over 8,000 Web Sites Described
- The International Internet Directory
by Mitzi Waltz, Ziff-Davis Press, 1995
Over 3000 sites from around the world
Search Our Site